New Subdivisions and Projects Coming to the Boise Valley (Locations & Updates)Nov 05, 2020
We do our best to keep you updated on growth throughout the Boise metro. A lot has happened in 2020, and even more is expected in 2021. There are several big changes coming in the next year as Boise continues to see strong economic growth.
Here's a quick look at where and what is coming down the pipeline:
- DevCo LLC to develop 7.5 acres into a 34-unit subdivision (named Movado). The project will include several parks, a community center, and several pathways connecting different parts of the community. Location: Just south of East Overland Road on the west side of South Cloverdale Rd.
- FIG's second phase of Laguna Farms fourplexes are rolling out right next to the College of Western Idaho's Nampa Campus (less than a mile north of I84 on N Idaho Center Blvd). This residential multifamily project will consist of 75 fourplexes.
- The "Idaho Fine Arts Academy" is being planed by the West Ada School District at 915 E. Central Drive near Meridian Rd's exit of I-84. The school (for grades 6-12) will be two-story and will include 42k sq-ft classroom and an 18k sq-ft performing arts center. It will also include a new parking lot for Idaho State University. (See photo below from the West Ada School District)
- Ball Ventures Ahlquist is building the Idaho Central Credit Union building as part of their Eagle View Landing development located at I-84 and Eagle Rd. The top floor of this building will be occupied by the Idaho information-tech company, CompuNet.
- Hot2 LLP is looking to build a roughly 207,000 sq ft warehouse at 1135 Hickory Ave.
- Bright Bank will be opening a branch at Fairview Village, north of the East Fairview Avenue and N Venture St intersection. They plan to do this in December of this year. They also plan to open a third branch in Eagle at the Bridges as part of the Lakemoor development (early 2021), according to Bright Bank President, Mark Houston.
- The Entrata Farms multifamily subdivision has already started their first four phases of construction. Phases 5-6 began summer/fall of this year. This project by the Fourplex Investment Group consists of 53 fourplexes and 13 duplexes. Location: Just West of the intersection of N Ten Mile Rd and W Franklin (next to Ten Mile Christian Church).
- I-84 will finally undergo it's long-awaited widening between Nampa and Caldwell. Idaho Transportation Dept will be widening the highway from 2 to 3 lanes between the Karcher Rd interchange in west Nampe and the Franklin Rd interchange west of Karcher in Caldwell. This project is set to start in the spring and finish late 2022 to early 2023.
The department said improvements will include: Replacing 20 culverts and irrigation crossings, Building noise walls near the Ustick Overpass and Franklin Road westbound on-ramp, Replacing overpass bridges over Linden Street, Adding a lane to the Franklin and Karcher westbound off-ramps.
Body Renew Holdings (FIT) has leased 3,358 sq ft of retail at 6980 W Overland Rd.
- North End Storage is looking to build a three-story self-service storage building on N. Bogus Basin Rd. The building plans for 25,360 sq ft.
- 58 Homes as part of the Moss Creek Subdivision have been recommended for approval. The lot covers just over 21 acres located at 5806 W State St where W Escalante Dr and N Tempsford Way intersect with State.
- Kuna City Council recently approved the plat for Fossil Creek Subdivision's 272 single-family homes. Location: Deer Flat Rd and west of Ten Mile Rd (66.8 acres owned by Corey Barton of CBH homes). Each home will be at least 1,500 sq ft and the subdivision will include pathways and a five-acre park.
- City council has also approved the annexation of 38.5 acres and a preliminary plat for the Ashton Estates East subdivision--175 single-family homes at 2320 E Meadow View Rd.
Source: Idaho Statesman